Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Another new favorite


I got this cookbook a few weeks ago and have been trying the recipes all month. It's called Deceptively Delicious and it's by Jessica Seinfeld. The premise of the book is to trick your kids into eating their fruits and vegetables by pureeing them and putting them into foods they will eat. I bought it to get more nutrition into our foods; Kaiya is a little young to be tricked yet. I thought it would be a great way to add fiber and vitamins into the stuff we were going to eat anyway. So basically, I like this book. It's not just a cookbook, it has tips and ideas for eating healthier and goes through the whole process of how to puree the foods and store them and whatnot. Not all of the recipes are great (what cookbook can say that all of its recipes are great?) but after reading the book and trying her recipes I have figured out what kinds of purees will work in other recipes that I already love. So if you happen to be in the market for a new cookbook, I highly recommend this one. You can also find the recipes online at: http://www.oprah.com/foodhome/food/jseinfeld/recipes/jseinfeld_recipes_main.jhtml

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Wow making up your own recipes with pureed foods! I am never comfortable enough to make up my own recipe. EEK!

star said...

I am thinking about asking Jeff for this cookbook for a Valentine's Day gift. I looked at it at Target the other day and I liked it.

Keiko said...

Hi Crystal! This is Keiko. I saw the preview of the Oprah show and I was just checking the website the other day. I was curious about this book. Fiona LOVES LOVES vegetables, but James doesn't even try them. I wanted to try the recipe from online.
By the way, Kaiya is growing so fast! She is SO cute. I hope we'll see you guys while we are in Utah. Fiona still talks about you. I think she likes the nickname you gave her.