Saturday, November 01, 2008

Pumpkin Stand

On Tuesday we had plans to go to a pumpkin patch with our playgroup. When we got there, I quickly observed that it was nothing more than a fruit stand with some pumpkins and gourds. Apparently, the other moms thought it was just as good. Oh well, we had fun once I got past the disappointment of not getting pictures of Kai in a real pumpkin patch this year. She ran around getting into mischief while I tried to force her to pose so I could get some good pictures for my scrapbook (and the blog, of course). Needless to say, I didn't get many good pictures and Kaiya caused some trouble. Here are some of the sort of okay pictures we got:
This is Kaiya when I tell her to smile for me. So cute!
This is Kaiya and her friend Amy trying to hug the fruit stand mascot.


Kaiya kept stealing apples from the buckets and here's a shot of her eating her loot. I think she took 4 or 5 and would carry them around, take a bite or two, then drop them. Luckily the lady who runs it was really nice and didn't even make us pay for them, although I offered.

Kaiya with her playmates Amy and Reid (still eating the apple)


She was so excited to see "pump-mm"s and kept running around pointing them out to me.


Kaiya picked out this pumpkin to be her very own. She carried it around for quite a while and was so excited to bring it home.



We enjoyed our day at the pumpkin stand, and I don't think Kaiya even noticed that it wasn't a patch.


No comments: