Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Zoo

Last weekend we took a trip to the Boise Zoo. It was Kaiya's first time at a zoo, and she liked it a lot. Here are a few pictures of what we saw:


Kaiya saw a Komodo Dragon and thought it was pretty interesting
At the penguin exhibit, they had a display of all the different kinds of penguins, and Kaiya went around to each one and gave it a kiss! It was so cute. We wanted to get a video, but by the time we thought of it, she was on her last one.
Kaiya wasn't sure about riding a giraffe.
This is what we came for. The Boise Zoo just got an African exhibit with giraffes, lions, and a zebra. We really wanted to show Kaiya a real live giraffe, since she loves stuffed ones so much. She watched it for a long time and was pretty interested, but I'm not sure she understood that this was what her beloved little stuffed animals are supposed to be.
We watched the lions for a long time. This one was sitting really close to us, and suddenly started stalking a squirrel that was running outside her cage. I had gone down to see if I could see the male lion, when this one got up and ran after the squirrel, then pounced up against the cage right in front of me! It was really like 3 feet away. It was so amazing! i felt sorry for the lion though. She'll never get that squirrel.


Here is a video of the gibbons. They make such a weird noise. The cutest thing was that Kaiya was imitating them while we watched, but of course we didn't get a video of that either.

2 comments:

Keri said...

cute i love her pig tails. Man time is just flying isnt it. IM glad she had fun in nursery. I am thankful our nursery leaders took Trevor when he was 15 months cause the two babies were to much of a hand full. glad she felt comfortable there and now she will really look forward to church which is fun. you guys are too cute I just love your family.

Carrie said...

I love the Boise zoo! I'd take the girl I worked with there on special community outing days! The lions were never there when I went, but I could watch the tigers do their thing for hours! Anyways, Kaiya looks so cute! Her pig tails are getting so long now! Sounds/looks like things are going great for you guys! David and I were recently talking about how we miss hanging out with you guys. We are spending Christmas in Boise with David's family...do you know where you will be? I have to let you know how excited I was to get your comment on my site! I never really expect any comments due to how different/hard it is to leave them, but wow, I couldn't believe how happy it made me to hear from you! Hope you didn't sign up just to leave a comment though...I don't want anyone to feel like they have to sign up for anything they don't want to. Anyways, it was great hearing from you! Thanks!