Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving






We were so excited for Thanksgiving this year. We celebrated it last year, but since we were in Japan we weren't able to do a real traditional one. So this year we were especially excited to have turkey, pies, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, and of course, family. The only problem was that I got sick the night before Thanksgiving, and felt terrible all day Thursday. So instead of thoroughly enjoying our day, I was tired, had a stuffy nose and a headache, and worst of all, I couldn't taste anything! But I was happy to celebrate the day nonetheless. I guess now we have next Thanksgiving to look forward to.
We spent the day with Patrick's uncle's family, and Kaiya had fun playing with Maddie, Patrick's cousin Amber's little girl. Patrick hadn't spent Thanksgiving with his family in eight years, since he was on his mission, then in Hawaii, and last year in Japan again, so it was nice for him to be able to spend the holiday with everyone. All in all it was a good day, and if I hadn't been sick it would have been a great day. But I was able to enjoy the leftovers in the following days, so I guess I can't feel too sorry for myself. We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving too!

1 comment:

star said...

I got sick the day before Thanksgiving too. I slept most of Thanksgiving day while Jeff made EVERYTHING! I am one lucky wife. I hope you are feeling better now.