Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Baby Shower!

Last weekend I went down to my mother in law's house for what I thought was a baby shower for my sister in law who just had her baby last month. She came to the house thinking that it was going to be a baby shower for me. As it turned out, it was a surprise baby shower for both of us! I didn't have a baby shower with Kaiya, since we were in Japan, and didn't expect one this time since it's our second time around and we are (most likely) having the same gender. So I was so excited when I found out. A lot of people came up from Carson (where we are all from), including my dear friend Angie Davis. I couldn't believe that people would drive all the way to Idaho for our baby shower, or that my mother in law Ginger would put all of it together for us. It was way more than I would have ever expected and so nice! We had a lot of fun with food, gifts, and a lot of people. Unfortunately, I was caught so off guard I didn't take any pictures! Luckily I was able to get some from Ginger. Here's a few pictures of the fun: A cute decoration:)
The only picture of me and Meghan (and baby Clayton)

Kaiya helped me open the gifts, and even got some herself! Ginger got a bunch of cute matching outfits for the girls. I'm so excited for them to wear them!

And lastly, we took a few belly shots while we were there. I have been such a slacker about taking any photos this pregnancy, so I wanted some cute ones for the baby's album. They didn't turn out great, but here are some of the better ones:
We tried to get a shot of Kaiya kissing the belly, but she wouldn't hold it long enough. This one is a semi-hug.
And the true belly shot at 30 weeks. I can't believe we have only 10 more weeks to go!

7 comments:

Keri said...

wow are you serious crystal. youre already 30 weeks. thats crazy. wow its getting so close. I love reminiscing as I read you blog post. bringing your second child into this world is just the most beautiful experience ever. I cant wait to see pics of this sweet little one. You look so pretty too. are you feeling ready for all this new change. how is kaiya taken all this in?

keep us all posted ill be checking i a lot to see how your move goes and how baby is doing.

Laura said...

You look so great! That will be so cute when you can dress the girls in matching outfits! I liked to dress Jonah and Ryker in Matching shirts too, its just fun!

Noelle said...

Oh my gosh! You still look so tiny! I'm SO jealous. That's so fun you had a baby shower. Wish I was there!

Christina said...

Looks like a lot of fun! And you look GREAT!!!

Carrie said...

Hi Crystal! I haven't checked blogs in forever, and am so happy I checked yours! You look so adorable, and I can't believe how small you still are! So happy you were given a very deserved baby shower!

Chantel Leialoha Seguritan said...

Crystal! You look so beautiful. I haven't checked your blog in a while so I definitely had some catching up to do. Congratulations on being so close to your due date and the wonderful news about Patrick's new job. I hate moving...so my sympathy goes out to you. Hope all goes well!

The Giffs said...

Holy Cow! You are so stinking small! That's great that they threw a baby shower for you and I love Angie and that she was able to be there. I can't believe you moved to Death Valley. Wow! I'm glad you have somewhere to swim.