Tuesday, December 04, 2007

It's about Patrick


So, since this is a family blog, I thought I would blog about someone else in the family besides Kaiya. Hence the title, it's about Patrick. I think most of you know that Patrick has gone back to school and is now pursuing a Masters from Boise State. He is studying Historical Research and enjoying it quite a bit. Right now he's focusing on the Japanese internment from World War II and doing tons of research about that. All of this work will hopefully turn into an internship opportunity next summer at the Minnidoka National Park, which is one of the Japanese internment camp spots in Twin Falls, Idaho. This opportunity would be amazing for Patrick, as it would combine his love of Japanese people and culture with his desire to work in the National Parks. So we are really hoping it works out. He's also working at BSU as a TA for the history department. We've been blessed with that opportunity as well, because even though it doesn't pay much, the job provides a tuition waver. I think he would also want me to mention that he is NOT a die hard BSU fan, and was actually rooting for Hawaii in the BSU vs. Hawaii football game a few weeks ago.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Genki!? Hey, this is Taka from Japan. It's been a long time. How is Kaiya chan?! I wish I could see her before you guys went back to America. It is getting cho cold here in Fukushima. It has been hard to wake up in the morning.
Please say hi to your little angel for me ne! Matane! Patrick, Shoigoto Ganbattene!

Pacers said...

It's good to know where your allegiance lies, I thought you'd all be rooting for BSU. :)