Wednesday, July 11, 2007

More Fun


Here are some more fun and interesting things from Japan:

This one cracks me up! it's the sign on the way to Yamagata City.
It's a little hard to see, but this one is of the gas pumps hanging from the sky. When i first saw this I was completely amazed.
Here's a snake we saw on the way home from church. Patrick had to stop and look at it.


So this one is the Japanese rhinoceros beetle. You can buy them at the shopping malls and keep them in little cages and feed them a jello like substance. It kind of freaks me out to walk by the displays of them at the shops. We've also seen people making oragami beetles too.

Japan gets really excited for fruits and you can only get them when they are in season (the seasons are usually only a few weeks). Apparently now you can get mango, but there was only one in the store and it cost about 24.50 US dollars. I don't think i would pay that much for fruit, but maybe if you really like mangoes...


And the last one, and this is exciting... yellow watermelon! I'm not really sure how they get them yellow.

1 comment:

Spiresfam said...

What is that sign advertising? How funny! And I am sorry but I wouldn't care how much my kid begged I would NOT get them a beetle! NO WAY!!! Gross!