Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Amazingly Delicious

This might just be one of the greatest chocolate chip cookie recipes ever. We made this last night and I had to share it on the blog because it's so good! The cookies turn out big, thick, and soft, and they are delicious! We made ours a little smaller than the recipe calls for, and we also added a little cinnamon just for fun. Try it out and you won't be disappointed!

INGREDIENTS
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
1.) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
2.)Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3.)In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
4.)Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

4 comments:

amy jane carpenter said...

i just made chocolate chip cookies today and then came upstairs and checked my emails and blogs and saw yours and am now wishing i had looked at it before i made my cookies so i could try out yours. next time i guess! thanks! miss u!

Noelle said...

Ohh sounds good!

Keri said...

thanks man I am so making these today. ive been craving cookies this week too. I think Tyler and I will have to make these yummy cookies. ill let you know how they turn out.

Matti said...

How funny. I made chocolate chip cookies last night and I was complaining how they weren't thick enough...they were soft but really flour-y. I'll have to give this recipe a try. Congrats on number 2! I'm so glad I found your blog again.