Monday, August 04, 2008

Sneaky


The other day I caught Kaiya sneaking books into her crib. She always gets to take the book we read right before nap or bed time into the crib with her and look at it until she's ready to go to sleep. I guess she figured out that if she smuggles some books in before nap time she'll have more options or something. So she ended up with about 10 books in the crib before she got tired of it and left to play with something else. I decided to be sneaky too and remove most of the books when she wasn't looking. I let her keep a few so she felt like she had accomplished something, but I had to take most out so there would be room for her to sleep! So nap time came and we read our story. She seemed overly excited to finish the story and get in her crib, but when I carried her over and she saw that the books were gone, you could see the disappointment in her little face. I felt bad, but she was fine after a minute. Every day since she has continued to put books in her crib, and I am continually taking them back out. I wonder if she hopes that one day they will all still be there when nap time comes around...

3 comments:

Pacers said...

There is no end to the amusing antics these kids think up!

Noelle said...

That is so funny! She is so smart and sneaky.

Elena said...

very smart and strategic of that little Kaiya. At least you know she loves to read!!! :)