Thursday, October 09, 2014

Another Sensory Play Project



 I have made another sensory bin for Hanna's sensory table. This one is a Fall theme, mostly because I love Fall. We used orange colored rice with cinnamon in it for scent. I used the powdered spice this time, but I think it is best to use extract, if you have it. I did last time and it works much better. The cinnamon I used this time definitely gives it a scent, but every time we play a bunch comes off and is left in the table. It vacuums up easily, but I think after a few more play sessions it won't smell like cinnamon anymore.
I added some fake fall leaves that I had in our Fall decoration bin, some cinnamon sticks, and some scoops for playing.  As you can see, Elmo also managed to make it in at one point. I had wanted to add some small pumpkins and gourds, but have you seen the price of them this year?? At least at Fred Meyer it was outrageous. So they just had to use their imaginations. Which I guess is the whole point anyway, right? This was  a really simple bin but the girls still had a lot of fun with it.

I have more sensory play projects in the works, I just need to find the time to create them! Stay tuned if you are interested!

No comments: