Thursday, September 17, 2009

Calico

On our way back from a visit to our friends in Palm Springs (which we'll blog about at another time), we stopped by a ghost town called Calico. It is very commercialized now, but still pretty interesting. It's a lot like Virginia City for those of you who know it. The main reason we went was to get our first family portrait. For the countless thousands of pictures when we couldn't get Kaiya to smile, this one actually worked out best that way. Her and Leah both look very 1880s. I guess they were just born 120 years late. Leah had been screaming the 30 minutes leading up to the photo and was asleep about 2 minutes later, so we got pretty lucky. It may be a little odd for a family photo shoot, but we like it.

6 comments:

Noelle said...

That picture is AWESOME!! All of you guys look perfect!

Chelsea said...

Love the family photo. That is perfect for kidos who never seem to smile. Remember when Collin and I went all western for the prom?

Chantel Leialoha Seguritan said...

I love that picture! Your daughters are sooooo beautiful! Hope all is well! I miss you!

Ash said...

Crystal! I wish I had a secret for you...but I don't. I'm pretty blessed with such awesome sleepers!

I love looking at your pictures. Your girls are adorable. You are in need of a new post though : )

Matti said...

I love photos like this! So cute and fun! Congrats on the finished thesis!! That's awesome.

Matti said...

I love this old photo. How fun! I want to get one with our family now. ;-)