Friday, September 28, 2007

The Pumpkin Patch!






Last week we went to a corn maze and pumpkin patch. The last time I went through a corn maze was with my college roommates, and it was a haunted corn maze. I hate those! Just the thought that someone could be following you around in the dark and could sneak up on you any second isn't fun for me. So this one was much better, as it was daylight and not at all "haunted". Patrick carried Kaiya in the front pack and she enjoyed it for the most part, except when we would stop to find our way. But once she discovered the corn leaves she didn't mind so much. But I'm pretty sure her favorite part was licking the maze map (why do babies prefer trash to the real, expensive toys we buy for them?) We picked lots of pumpkins to decorate for Halloween with. Can you tell I'm excited for the holidays this year? After living in Japan last year and being the only ones to celebrate our traditional US holidays, we are looking forward to lots of festive decorations and food this year.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

I hate haunted corn mazes too! I love Kaiya's pigtails...so cute!

star said...

How fun! Jeff and I did a corn maze a few weeks ago and we enjoyed it too. I like your hair short too, by the way.

Pacers said...

I second the hating of haunted corn mazes, houses, etc. I also second your adorable hair! I'm totally jealous. I need a hair cut. Wow, you are looking HHHHOT!